The Life of George Lyle Quail

George was born in 1917 in Philadelphia, PA to Mother Anna May Springer (born in Philadelphia in 1902) and Father Lyle Leeland Quai (also born in Philadelphia in 1898).   Young George spent his youth involved in soccer, baseball and fishing. 

He met Elli, the love of his life, in a chance encounter at a candy store.  They were married in 1942 and not long after had Barbara in 1945, followed by Bill 6 years later. 

During his his working years he was very active in the Mason's and achieved 32nd Degree status.

George worked for the US Army at Frankford Arsenal and retired at 55. 

The Quails sold the home at 21 Northview Drive in the early 70's and began their retired years as "snow birds", spending summers at Pine Ridge Resort in Canada and winters on the east coast of Florida in their camper.  They later moved to Oak Harbor near Haines City in Polk County and lived on a canal leading to a large bass lake.  George could not have been happier...

Elli liked liked park life but longed for a larger home closer to Barbara and the rest of the family.  They purchased a home in Great Cypress Village in 1999.  Elli finally got her double wide.  Barbara and Chad also purchased a home in Great Cypress Village in 2001.  George and Elli were very happy and content until Elli was struck down with pancreatic cancer in 2003.  After that, George lived alone but spent most of his time with Barbara and Chad.  In 2010 it was decided all live together and to move to a larger home in the community.  George stayed healthy right up to 3 weeks prior to his passing.  He was hospitalized only once during his later years for a pace maker.  

George was active in the community serving as a Board Member and always ready to help where needed.  He was instrumental in the decision making and planning concerning the new house.  He was the one to the read the directions after I would have left over parts or had problems figuring how to do something.  The house turned out well and we lived together for almost 3 years.  George spent a lot of time watching Turner Movie Classics I would record for him.  If the film was in black and white it had to be good.  He usually left the room when we would put on a Netflix DVD saying, "The music is so loud, I can't hear what they are saying" or "too much violence" but cowboys shooting Indians in black and white was OK.   He really enjoyed his breakfast trips with his buddy, Jim Fair (Jack's Dad).  Twice a week they would head to Susie's in Spring Hill, then to the mall or Flea Market.  All the waitresses knew him and teased him lovingly.

He sure was an amazing guy....  He was retired much longer than he worked.  We should all experience that.